Griffon Corporation (the “Company” or “Griffon”), is a diversified management and holding company that conducts business through wholly-owned subsidiaries. Griffon oversees the operations of its subsidiaries, allocates resources among them and manages their capital structures. Griffon provides direction and assistance to its subsidiaries in connection with acquisition and growth opportunities as well as in connection with divestitures. Griffon also seeks out, evaluates and, when appropriate, will acquire additional businesses that offer potentially attractive returns on capital to further diversify itself.
The Company is Headquartered in New York, N.Y. and was originally incorporated in 1959.
Griffon currently conducts its operations through three segments: Home & Building Products, Telephonics Corporation (“Telephonics”), and Clopay Plastic Products Company (“Plastics”) .
- Home & Building Products consists of two companies The AMES Companies (“Ames”) and Clopay Building Products (“CBP”).
- CBP is a leading manufacturer and marketer of residential, commercial and industrial garage doors to professional installing dealers and major home center retail chains.
- Ames is a global provider of non-powered landscaping products that make work easier for homeowners and professionals.
- Telephonics designs, develops and manufactures high-technology integrated information, communication and sensor system solutions for use in military and commercial markets worldwide.
- Plastics is an international leader in the development and production of embossed, laminated and printed specialty plastic films used in a variety of hygienic, health-care and industrial applications.